Objectives for Session with Dr. Rhoads:
- Understand BCSD Connect2Learn vision.
- Understand perceptions and questions of BCSD educators present in the sessions.
BEAUFORT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
MISSION, VISION, VALUES, AND BELIEFS
The Beaufort County School District, through a personalized learning approach, will prepare graduates who compete and succeed in an ever-changing global society and career marketplace.
We will work with families and our diverse community to ensure that students perform at an internationally competitive level in a learning environment that is safe, nurturing and engaging.
- Every student can learn using his or her valuable and unique talents and skills.
- Learning takes place when the physical, emotional, social and intellectual well-being of all students is assured at every level and during every transition.
- High expectations of the school community positively impact student success.
- Early childhood learning experiences form the foundation of future school success.
- Students learn best when they are engaged and provided with opportunities for problem solving and active participation.
- All students are entitled to learning experiences so that they can become competent and confident in the skills and knowledge needed to become successful and productive citizens.
- Investment, involvement and connection of all members of the school community are essential to a student’s success.
- Frequent informal and formal assessment aligned to clearly defined learning objectives will provide improved student achievement.
- The collection, analysis and use of data from a variety of sources are critical to making decisions.
- Students should be prepared to compete and contribute in a changing global and multilingual society.
Everything is Amazing, Nobody is Happy video:
Students need to create, critically consume and gain skills in digital literacy.
Guide! Give students multiple opportunities to demonstrate understanding and create meaning. Create, create, create!
Teach students to be safe, ethical, and effective with technology.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! – Your Teaching Matters!
Thank you for engaging in the learning today and for all you do each day for every student you teach. The saying, “teachers touch the future” is true. I encourage you to take few moments to reflect, think about the teachers that impacted your life, and re-energize as you “tech vision” for what your classroom will look, sound, and feel like in the final months of this year and the year ahead. I truly hope our Tech Visioning PD day is helpful and please do reach out and connect with your PLN, colleagues, coaches and tech team.
I wish you the very best!